The Skate Park is now open!
Located next to the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds Annex across from Wake Forest Baseball Park. Use gate 5 along Deacon Blvd. to enter.
406 Deacon Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC 27105
The Fairgrounds Skate Park offers 15,200 square feet of ramps, quarter pipes, grinding rails, bank ramps and more for skateboarders of all abilities. The park has a 325-foot-long “pump” track, an undulating track of dips and banks that helps riders master the basics of how to balance and handle their bikes, skateboards and roller skates without the risk of major injury. (Pump tracks takes their name from the pumping motion that skaters and bike riders use to propel themselves around the track without having to pedal or push with their feet.)
The skate park also includes a shade structure, a water station for filling jugs and bottles, a seating area and an emergency call station.
This facility is unsupervised. Users assume all risks inherent in the use of the skate park. Use may result in serious injury. All parents should require their children to wear protective equipment while using the skate park. Failure to wear protective equipment could expose users to bone fractures, concussions and other serious injuries upon falling or colliding with other users. North Carolina General Statute 99E (2003) provides that all participants and spectators at this facility assume all risks associated with this “recreational hazardous activity.” An emergency phone is located inside the skate park.
Skate with safety in mind and remember that weather conditions may create unsafe surfaces for skating.
Skate Park Rules
- Hours: 9 a.m. to dusk
- Allowed: Skateboards, roller skates, BMX bikes. Scooters are NOT allowed
- Helmets, elbow pads, and knee pads are required to be worn by all participants at all times while they are on the skating surface. Other additional safety equipment is strongly recommended.
- No glass containers, food, or beverages are allowed on the skating surface. Spills of any kind jeopardize the skaters.
- No other items such as benches, tables, wood materials, or other objects intended to be used as ramps or jumps are allowed in the skate park facility.
- No pets are allowed in skate park area.
- No skating against traffic on ramps or pipes.
- Do not proceed down a ramp until clear of other skaters.
- Hours of permitted use are from 9:00 am to dusk. It shall be unlawful for any person to enter or remain on the premises outside the hours posted.
- Alcohol, tobacco, and drugs are prohibited.
The city of Winston-Salem Recreation and Parks Department reserves the right to close the facility for any circumstances deemed necessary, and to restrict entry to the facility and to ask persons to leave the facility if any of the rules are not followed, or if unsafe behavior is observed.
Please report maintenance concerns to the Recreation and Parks department by calling CityLink, 336-727-8000 or 311; or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.