The Winston-Salem Fire Department provides a timely response to calls for assistance involving fire, medical situations, and rescue incidents. The department provides code enforcement, fire prevention education, and smoke alarms as a first line of defense in preventing loss of life and mitigating property damage.
WSFD Quick Facts
- 2017 Number of calls = 26,242
- 2017 Number of fire calls = 769
- 2017 Number of EMS/Rescue calls = 17,661
- 2017 Number of other calls (False Alarm, Hazardous Conditions, General Service calls, etc.) = 11,650
- Number of full time employees = 377