Bulky Item Collection 2013
Bulky items such as carpet, appliances, furniture, mattresses, etc., will be picked up by the city crews only during your annual neighborhood area cleanup, scheduled sometime between March 4 and September 13.
If you have questions about bulky item collection,
Find your collection date fast...
go to the online lookup by address!
All city route maps are linked below.
- City trucks will go through your neighborhood only ONCE. Items placed at the curb behind the crews will not be collected.
- Do not place items out more than 3 days in advance of your collection date.
- Do not mix bulky items with yard waste, recyclables or brush.
- Items the city can collect include: mattresses, appliances, furniture, carpet and toys.
- Items not acceptable for collection include: electronic waste, yard waste, wood, lumber, building material, glass, tires, car parts, paint, oil drums, cement, rocks and hazardous or infectious waste.
- PLEASE NOTE: televisions and computers and related computer equipment are banned from landfills in North Carolina. This includes CPUs, laptops, monitors, printers, printer/fax/scan devices, mice and keyboards; and all televisions, including flat-panel televisions, projection televisions and televisions with picture tubes.
More information on banned landfill items
- Collectible bulky items mixed with uncollectible items will not be removed. If you live in a townhouse or condo, there is a possibility that items will need to be placed in a central location for easier collection.
- Bulky item collection is for single family residences, NOT businesses or apartments.
- Other than the one-time annual neighborhood pickup, residents should dispose of these items at the Hanes Mill Road Landfill. Landfill hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Read Landfill information, including how to get a permit
- News release about banned items 2/27/2012
2013 Collection Route Maps
1. March 4-8
2. March 11-15
3. March 18-22
4. March 25-28
(Easter, no collection)
5. April 8-12
6. April 15-19
7. April 22-26
8. April 29-May 3
9. May 6-10
10. May 13-17
11. May 20-24
12. May 27-31
(Memorial Day Week)13. June 3-7
14. June 10-14
15. June 17-21
16. June 24-28
July 1-5 (Independence Day, no collection)
17. July 8-12
18. July 15-19
19. July 22-26
20. July 29-August 2
21. August 5-9
22. August 12-16
23. August 19-23
24. August 26-30
25. Sept. 3-6
26. Sept. 9-13
Look up your address and approximate collection date on the Bulky Item Collection Map