"Recycle" your Christmas tree
Vegetation Management - Dec. 21, 2007
Contact: James Mitchell, 748-3020
The city will recycle your old Christmas tree and put it to good use as mulch for its parks and roadsides.
Residents in single family homes inside the city limits can put their Christmas trees at the curb for pick-up by city brush crews. All lights, decorations, stands and nails must be removed from trees. Please be patient; it may take several weeks to collect all the trees.
People who live in apartments, who live outside the city limits or who dispose of their trees quickly can take them to the following recreation centers for recycling through January 31:
- Crawford Park, 4226 Oak Ridge Dr.
- Hanes Hosiery Recreation Center, 501 Reynolds Blvd.
- Hanes Park (tennis court parking lot), 625 West End Blvd.
- Little Creek Recreation Center, 610 Foxcroft Dr.
- Old Town Recreation Center (tennis court parking lot), 4550 Shattalon Dr.
- Parkland Park (tennis courts), 1660 Brewer Rd.
- Polo Park (swimming pool parking lot), 1850 Polo Rd.
- Salem Lake (at the gate), 1001 Salem Lake Rd.
- Sprague Street Recreation Center, 1350 E. Sprague St.
- Winston Lake (swimming pool parking lot), 3535 Winston Lake Rd.
For more information about drop-off locations, call the Vegetation Management Division at 748 3020.
Recycle Today web site