Policy Work/Cost and Procedures

The City of Winston-Salem Streets Department provides various types of policy work to the citizens. Please view the city's Municipal Code on Municode to find information on the services listed below. Chapter and Section information has been included below to help you navigate the Municode website.

  • Street permit and restoration fees
    (Chapter 74-Streets and Sidewalks; Section 74-141)
  • Sidewalk permit and restoration fees
    (Chapter 74-Streets and Sidewalks; Section 74-142)
  • Utility excavation permit required; fee
    (Chapter 74-Streets and Sidewalks; Section 74-143)
  • City participation in cost of local improvements
    (Chapter 74-Streets and Sidewalks; Section 74-179)
  • City participation in drainage projects across private property
    (Chapter 75-Stormwater Management; Section 75-35)

For more information please contact , Assistant Director of Transportation.

Notify me of page changes

Receive E-Mail Notification When New Information is Posted on this Page
As a member, enjoy the benefits of MyCityofWS, including your choice of newsletters, and notifications about events and site updates. Login and Manage Your Subscriptions Now.