Jump to About Rollout Recycling
Service Finder: Check your address for rollout recycling or garbage collection days
Red Week and Blue Week Collections Map
About Rollout Recycling
All residential curbside recycling in Winston-Salem is collected every two weeks using 96-gallon blue rollout carts that hold all household recyclables. No sorting is needed. Neighborhoods are designated for "red week" or "blue week" collection.
Recycling carts must be at the curb by 6 a.m. on collection day. Please ensure that the cart is at least three feet from any other object, including another cart. Do not place your cart under low-hanging wires or branches.
- Put your recycling rollout cart at the curb or at the edge of the pavement, with the front of cart facing the street (arrow on lid indicates which way to place the cart).
- Leave at least 3 feet of space around the rollout cart.
- Do not place under low-hanging utility lines or tree limbs.
- Place out by 6 a.m. on your designated day; remove by next day.
- All items must fit inside and the lid must be completely closed.
- Only place recyclables in the cart! View recycling guidelines.
Rollout recycling offers these advantages:
- No sorting is required. Just put all your recyclables in the cart.
- Bi-weekly collection! You only have to put out your cart every other week.
- The cart consolidates the storage of your recyclables between pick-ups and protects them from the weather.
- Bi-weekly, automated collection reduces collection time, saving fuel and reducing emissions.