Recreation and Parks provide activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don't forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
- Oct. 12 closures due to Michael: Miller Park rec center, Polo Park rec center, Salem Lake Trail (through Saturday), Salem Creek Greenway, Salem Lake boat ramp and Winston Lake Park.
- Trail of Treats and a free screening of "Hocus Pocus" at Bolton Park October 19! View Trail of Treats & "Hocus Pocus" Flyer [pdf/1p]
- Dark in the Park at Historic Bethabara Park has been postponed due to weather. The new date is Saturday, October 20 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Eleven (11) Recreation Center locations offer After School Care! After School Program Flyer 2018 [pdf] | After School Program (2018-2019) Registration [pdf]
- It's Pool Season! Be sure to check out the 2018 Pool Calendar for opening dates, times, and swim lessons! Pool Schedule [pdf]
- Be sure to visit the Historic Bethabara Park's webpage for more information on upcoming events!
- Quarry Park is now open utilizing our regular park hours of 8:00 a.m. to dusk. Be sure to visit and check out this great site with walking and biking trails, restrooms, seating and beautiful sightlines!
- Cricket's Nest Craft Shop, located at 4401 Country Club Rd., has new hours! Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. and Thursday's 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. For more information please call, 336-659-4315!
Skate Park at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds
Muddy Creek Greenway Access
Rental of picnic shelters and facilities
- Salem Lake has been featured on the Triad Treasures blog! Be sure to read the story today! Salem Lake Piedmont Parent Blog
Historic Bethabara Park has events all season!
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
Memory Trees & Benches
Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
- Community Band information, schedule, and video
Recreation Centers map and links
- Recreation & Parks has been recognized by Playacrossamerica.com for the playground at Washington Park! Be sure to read the great review and check out the great photos http://playacrossamerica.com/washington-park-winston-salem/
- Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information